Patient Exam Preparation
- Do not use any lotions, powders or deodorant on the day of your appointment.
- Do not take any calcium supplements on the day of your appointment.
- Wear clothing without any buttons, snaps, or zippers.
Arterial Ultrasound Studies (lower extremities, renal, aorta)
- Do not to eat or drink for 6 hours prior to exam time. If you take any medications, you may take them with a sip of clear, non-carbonated water.
- Diabetics should be scheduled in the morning. Please let our office know if you are diabetic.
- You will need to take anti-gas tablets, such as Mylanta, or Maalox, as directed 24 hours prior to your exam time.
- Please refrain from eating any spicy foods the day before the exam.
- Do not smoke or chew gum the day of the exam.
- You must have a driver for these procedures.
- If you do not have a driver, we will be unable to do the procedure.
- Do not take any aspirin or blood thinners for 7 days prior to the procedures.
- Bring your images from outside facilities, if necessary (MRI, CT)
Abdomen Ultrasound (liver, gallbladder, pancreas, kidneys, right upper quadrant)
- Do not eat or drink 6 hours prior to your exam.
Pelvic and Transvaginal Ultrasounds
- Drink 32 oz of water – finish 1 hour prior to your exam time. Please refrain from using the restroom because you will need to have a full bladder during the exam.
- Do not take any aspirin, fish oil or blood thinners for 7 days prior to the procedures.